FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Farm Credit Announces Latest Grants to Support Western North Dakota Communities
Farm Credit organizations in western North Dakota today announced 14 grants totaling $173,630 to worthy programs that will improve
lives in local communities through the Rural Community Grant Fund.
The fund was established as a partnership between Farm Credit Services of Mandan and Farm Credit Services of North Dakota – the two
largest providers of agricultural loans in western North Dakota – and AgriBank Farm Credit Bank, their St. Paul, Minn.-based funding bank,
to help communities impacted by mineral development.
“Farm Credit Services of North Dakota is proud to support these worth organizations that deliver essential services to our rural communities,”
says Gordon Hanson, CEO – Farm Credit Services of North Dakota. “The impact they have is far-reaching and helps provide a variety of needed
resources,” he adds.
Grants support critical community needs such as healthcare, safety, access to housing and emergency services.
The latest grants include:
- $35,000 to Richardton Rural Fire Protection District towards a new fire truck for wildland operations
- $25,000 to Hazen Fire Rescue to upgrade firefighter personal safety gear
- $15,000 to Kenmare Housing Corporation for roof repair on multi-family housing
- $11,000 to Minot Area Men’s Winter Refuge for facilities and infrastructure improvements
- $10,000 to North Dakota Safety Council, Inc. for new CPR training equipment
- $10,000 to Columbus Rural Fire Protection District towards a water tanker replacement chassis
- $10,000 to Crosby Rural Fire Protection District for firefighting equipment
- $10,000 to Mountrail County Health Foundation for new medical equipment
- $10,000 to Northwest Landowners Association for technology upgrades
- $10,000 to Portal International Fire Department to upgrade firefighter personal safety gear
- $9,870 to North Dakota Association for the Disabled Inc. for a security system at a crisis residential unit
- $8,891 to Williston Public School District #1 for fencing to secure property including student gardens and greenhouse
- $5,000 to Divide County Sheriff’s Office for technology upgrades
- $3,869 to Benefit Fund of the McKenzie County Healthcare Systems for medical equipment
The Rural Community Grant Fund is accepting applications for programs that meet the needs of communities in western North Dakota.
Interested parties should apply at www.AgriBank.com, www.farmcreditnd.com or www.farmcreditmandan.com by August 31, 2020.
AgriBank is part of the customer-owned, nationwide Farm Credit System. Under Farm Credit's cooperative structure, AgriBank is primarily owned by
14 local Farm Credit Associations, which provide financial products and services to rural communities and agriculture. AgriBank obtains funds and provides
funding and financial solutions to those Associations. The AgriBank District covers a 15-state area stretching from Wyoming to Ohio and Minnesota to
Arkansas. For more information, please visit www.AgriBank.com.
ABOUT FARM CREDIT SERVICES OF NORTH DAKOTA
Farm Credit Services of North Dakota is a member-owned agricultural credit association providing loans to farmers and ranchers for real estate, machinery,
livestock and operating needs. FCS of ND also offers life and disability and crop insurances to the rural community. FCS of ND serves 17 counties in northwest
North Dakota through branch offices located in Minot, Bottineau, Carrington, Crosby, Rugby, and Williston, including Bowbells Crop Insurance (Bowbells), and
Ward County Crop Insurance (Minot). For more information, visit www.farmcreditnd.com.
ABOUT FARM CREDIT SERVICES OF MANDAN
In addition to operating and real estate loans, Farm Credit Services of Mandan offers agribusiness financing, livestock and equipment loans, leasing services, tax,
recordkeeping and payroll services, crop, forage and livestock insurance, life and disability insurance, and a cash patronage program. Farm Credit Services of Mandan
is a member-owned agricultural financing cooperative that serves a twenty-county area in southwest North Dakota, with full-time offices in Beulah, Bowman, Carson,
Dickinson, Mandan, Mott, Washburn, and Wishek. For more information, visit www.farmcreditmandan.com.